Your dog is naturally a big part of your family so to have them enjoy your big day with you is a must for all dog loving couples. But having them at your wedding needs to be well organised to avoid any embarrassing situations.
But how to do it? Your wedding party already has a lot to take care of to make your big day run smoothly. You have so much to do and plan, why add the worry or your dog’s comfort to your growing to do list? We are on hand to help, to ensure you all have the best experience on the day by providing a dog handler for the day.
We love being able to help couples make their wedding day even more special by including their furry family member(s). This may involve your dog being part of the ceremony (if allowed at either the church or at the civil ceremony venue), being part of the photoshoot, or just being in attendance to join in the celebrations. This service is as unique as you are, and we tailor the VIP package to suit your personal wishes.
There will be an initial consultation in your home to allow us to meet you and your dog. At this free consultation, we will discuss your wishes and will work out a plan to suit you and your dog. We recommend that we take your dog on a short walk with you, so that we can observe your usual routine and commands – it also helps your dog to get to know us before the big day. If you are then happy to proceed, we will complete and sign documentation (including a booking form and service agreement).
Examples of what the VIP package may contain:
- Dress rehearsal attendance to troubleshoot any possible problems. (Example: if your dog(s) can’t handle standing at the altar for the ceremony – they can hang out with us until their next appearance)
- Collecting your dog and transporting them to the wedding venue
- Water and toilet breaks as needed, as well as any snacks or meals provided by you
- Walk before the ceremony, and one later in the day if needed
- Assistance during the photoshoot
- Attendance at the Reception if permissable
- Dropping your dog off after the celebrations to a pre-agreed location (or you can use our Home Dog Boarding service)
We are yours for the day. There’s no need to worry about us needing to get to another job, or if your dog needs a little extra attention.
Our approach is fully flexible, and our aim is to involve your pet in your special day without it being stressful for you or your dog.
We are based in Gorleston On Sea, near Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft, but we are happy to travel within Norfolk and Suffolk.